Friday 18 July 2014

Japanese knot bag

I made a Japanese knot bag today! I didn't know that was what it was called before I googled it. My friend has a knitted bag (which she keeps her knitting in) and it has one long handle and one short handle. To close it you thread the long handle through the short one. I wanted to make one for a while although I wasn't too sure how to go about it, but I had the time this afternoon so I googled it. And there it was! Exactly what I wanted. A pretty simple pattern and easy to work out.


The front panel with the buttons was from a dress and that was already constructed so it was pretty easy to put together. 

This is the back fabric which is some very cute retro thread bobbins. And you can just see the inside pocket peeping out in the spotty fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment